Sunday 28 October 2012

Charming 2 and 3 star hotels, Cote d Azur, France



© Copyright Millie Brown 2012
Gorgeous Plage du Buse, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin. Monte Carlo is in the far background.


When you walk into a 2 star hotel you know it is not going to knock your socks off in it's creature comforts, but basic hygiene and cleanliness should be a given, no matter what the star rating. Unfortunately this is not always the case, and I've come across some pretty horrid ones in my time!

So, while recently visiting some of the smaller 2 and 3 star hotels on the Cote d'Azur, I 'braced' myself for the usual disappointment,....however, I am happy to report that I was very pleasantly surprised....each one of the hotels listed below was charming, spotlessly clean, well positioned and importantly the reception was warm and friendly. The staff were more than happy to show me their various rooms and facilities, and I was even invited to prolong my visit for a glass of champagne at one of them!


Recommended 2 & 3 Star Hotels on the Cote d'Azur

Beaulieu sur Mer





Villefranche sur Mer



St Jean Cap Ferrat



Roquebrune Village


(Note the above hotel in Roquebrune has a 50% discount for the 2012 / 2013 winter season). For a room with a divine view book room no. 1, not large but the view sure is)! 

Note; I have been advised by some of the hotel proprietors and the tourist office that the star classification for hotels in France is to change and hence the stars given to the above hotels were given prior to July 2012 and may be subject to change within the new classification regulations.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness...I'm all for that! (especially in hotels) :-)

Millie xx


© Copyright Millie Brown 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...